What is a Public Adjuster?
A public adjuster works for individuals, families, and businesses, not for the insurance company. Individuals and businesses hire them to represent them and to negotiate on their behalf with their insurance company. They are licensed and regulated by the state where you reside.

Do I have to repair or replace my property?
No. You are entitled to a settlement regardless if you are going to replace the property or not. We have helped many consumers simply cash out and walk away. Although with "hold-back" it's often advantageous to replace the items.

Can contractors negotiate my claim for me?
No. Only licensed public adjusters can negotiate settlements and adjust a claim on behalf of an insured. In South Carolina, some laws allow only Public Adjusters to negotiate First-Party claims.

Can I recover more than my policy limits?
In many policies, there are "additional coverages" that if properly documented, will allow you to recover more than the policy limits where applicable.

Why do I need a Public Adjuster?
When you have a property damage claim, the policy states that you must prove your loss to the insurance company. Most people do not know how to even begin assessing the damages that they have sustained. The insurance company only owes what you can prove.
The insurance company has many hired professionals to look at the claim from their perspective. This may not be in your best interest. A public adjuster will work for you and ensure that you are being fairly represented during the insurance claim process.

When should I retain a Public Adjuster?
You should do this immediately following a loss. Your insurance company representatives will try to steer your claim down a path that may not be advantageous to you. If we are on scene right away, we can route your claim back on a track that meets your objectives. We explore all options with you, and as a team, we ensure that the outcome of your choice is attained.

What do Public Adjusters charge for their services?
There is never any money due upfront. We receive a small percentage of your total settlement that is paid when you have been paid by the insurance company. Our clients routinely get much bigger cash settlements than what their insurance companies originally offer – from 30% more up to 800% more.

What type of property damage claims do you handle?
We handle all first-party property damage claims to homes and businesses. This includes fires, theft, wind, water, explosion, vehicle impact, hurricanes, and tornadoes. Some Product Liability claims, as well.

Will I have to be involved in the daily activities of the claim?
No. We will attend and handle all meetings with insurance representatives, so you do not have to take time out of your hectic schedule for this. Many people do not realize how many hours it takes to prepare, submit and adjust a large property damage claim. We understand that you have jobs, families, and businesses to run and cannot just drop everything to prepare a large claim or be involved in the daily activities that a large claim requires. However, we keep you informed about everything that happens on your claim.

Do you handle the repairs to my property?
You select the contractor of your choice for your repairs. If you don’t have a contractor, we can help you identify one to meet your needs. This is true during the entire claim process – you chose the vendors that you wish to work with, not the insurance company.

Is there a time limit to submit my claim?
Yes. Many policies state that your claim must be filed in full within a certain time period (usually 60 days). . . Along with a Sworn Statement in Proof of Loss. Also, there are statutes of limitations that spell out limitations. It’s essential to get started immediately so you do not lose your opportunity for a fair settlement.

Click for the BBB Business Review of this Adjusters - Public in Columbus NC

Public Adjuster Claims Specialist Since 1989

South Carolina

Charleston, Columbia, Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, Greenville, Summerville, Goose Creek, Sumter, Hilton Head, Myrtle Beach, Aiken, Greer, Anderson, Mauldin, Hanahan, Greenwood, North Augusta

North Carolina

Burlington, Rocky Mount, Huntersville, Chapel Hill, Gastonia, Jacksonville, Concord, Greenville, Asheville, High Point, Wilmington, Cary, Fayetteville, Winston-Salem, Durham, Greensboro, Raleigh, Charlott


Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Athens, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Johns Creek, Warner Robins, Alpharetta, Albany, Marietta, Smyrna, Valdosta, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Peachtree Corners, Gainesville

If you live in SC or GA and if your home is Totaled by fire, the insurance company BY LAW owes you policy limits… If your house is in South Carolina, and your house totaled by fire, you can read the law here. South Carolina Code of Laws The adjuster is not doing you a favor by writing policy limit check after a Total he is required by law. On he other hand YOU (the insured) has to prove your Contents.